Cake Pop Bouquet
My step-by-step video tutorial can be found on Instagram under my 'Baking' Highlight.
- Baked sheet cake - Boxed cake mix is just fine!
- 1 C frosting - I made my favorite buttercream recipe from Cake by Courtney!
- Melting Chocolate - I used Sweet Tooth Fairy Meltables. They are AMAZING.
- Cardboard box or foam block
- 4" clay flower pot - Michael's
- 3.8" foam ball to place inside of flower pot - Michael's
- 4" Lollipop Sticks - Michael's
- 4" x 2" Cake Pop wrappers - Michael's
- Ribbon or string
- Make your sheet cake and let cool completely.
- Once cool, crumble your sheet cake into a bowl.
- Add 1/2 C frosting to your cake crumbs and mix with a spatula. The dough should be able to stick together enough to form a ball. You will most likely need to add another 2-3 Tablespoons of frosting, but be careful not to add too much. We don't love a wet cake pop!
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, scoop out balls and then roll in your hands to form a smooth cake pop. Once your cake pops have all been scooped, place in the freezer or fridge until chilled.
- While the cake pops are chilling, melt just a small amount of your dipping chocolate, about 1/4 C. Dip the end of your lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and then poke into cake pop. The chocolate will help the stick stay in the cake pop. Place a stick in every cake pop, then return to fridge to chill again.
- While the cake pops are chilling, melt the rest of your dipping chocolate. If you would like to add food coloring to your chocolate, now is the time!
- Remove cake pops from fridge and dip your pops into the chocolate. Tap your pop on the edge of your chocolate bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Quickly add sprinkles before the chocolate solidifies.
- Stick the cake pops in a cardboard box or foam block to cool completely.
- Now the fun part! Place the foam ball inside of the flower pot. If you'd like extra style points, you can spray paint your pot and foam ball. I painted mine white using some extra spray paint I had in the house! It made the foam ball and pot look clean and cohesive.
- Wrap each cake pop in a plastic wrapper and tie with string or ribbon. Poke the cake pops into the foam ball to create a bouquet of cake pops!!!!