North Shore Oahu Babymoon! Best food and beaches.
Zach and I made a semi last minute decision to go on a baby moon to Oahu in January! We left Rozzi with my Mother-in-law and headed to the beach and it was the best decision ever! We missed Roz like CRAZY but it was an absolute blast and so relaxing, just a great trip all around! I am not a fan of long, drawn out "blog" posts so I"ll keep this short and sweet and just give you the bullet points of where we ate/what we did while there. Please let me know if you have any questions! If you're deciding whether or not to go on a babymoon, I say DO IT!
- Cholo's: We went here TWICE because it was so unbelievably good. Get the grilled Ahi Fish tacos.
- Matsumotos Shave Ice: Get yours with ice cream AND sweeten condensed milk to really send it over the top.
- Ted's Bakery: We went here almost everyday! They have the most delicious donuts that will ever touch your lips. I'm not kidding. We got there right when they opened on a couple of the days because we wanted them hot off the press. ALSO their Haupia pie is wildly popular.
- Kahuku Farms - very yummy and healthy lunch spot.
- Haleiwa Joes: A fancier restaurant and right on the bay. Get the Coconut Shrimp plate!
- Sunrise Shack: ACAI BOWLS.
- Banzai Bowls: ACAI BOWLS.
- Seven Brothers: really really good burgers and fries. I got the veg option which was AMAZING.
- Kua Aina Sandwich Shop: All around, really yummy.
- Wailua Bakery: Their COOKIES!
- Pounders Pizza: Located at the PCC and it was so fun! Ask to sit outside.
- Lei Leis at Turtle Bay: We went here on our last night for a fancier dinner and its soooo good.
- Pillbox Hike: fun, easy hike but be careful of mud if it just rained! We went the day after a storm and it was crazy muddy/slippery but still really fun! Beautiful view at the top. Took us less than an hour from start to finish and we even went super slow because of the mud and because I was 7 months pregnant.
- Turtle Bay Walking Path: We went on their beach walk probably 3 times while we were in oahu even though we didn't stay at Turtle Bay! Its a flat walk through their jungle area and pops out at the beach throughout the walk. It's so pretty and fun. We even saw a seal!
- Sunset Beach: This was our FAVORITE beach. It was also a 5 minute walk from our rental house which we chose on purpose. Beautiful, great waves and good surfing (if you're into that, which I definitely didn't do!) We went here at some point in the day on each day we were in Oahu.
- Hukilau Beach: Kind of windy when we went but other than that, great beach.
- Banzai Beach: Next to Sunset Beach, GREAT for surfers although we weren't allowed to get in the water because the waves were too crazy. Surfers only on that day!
- Waimea Bay: I love this beach! Its super well known and busy, and parking is a little tricky. But if you can get here I totally recommend it and they have a famous cliff jump!
- Sharks Cove: Super fun snorkeling spot!
We stayed at a private, one bedroom house that will only allow 2 people to stay here. It is a five minute walk from Sunset Beach. No kids, no pets, no smoking or drinking. We will absolutely stay here again because it was perfect for what we needed! It's a bummer that we couldn't bring back Rozzi or next baby girl with us since its just a two person house but other than that its amazing! They have a full kitchen, washer/dryer, nice bathroom, hot tub, king size bed and living room. If you're interested in the details of where we stayed send me a DM on Instagram and I'll send you their way!
We rented a car at the airport and I am super glad that we did so we could go all over north shore without any problem.