The Easiest (And Yummiest) Acai Bowl You'll Ever Make
My husband and I have recently gotten into making our own Acai bowls after having some of our FAVORITE Acai ever while visiting Oahu and Kauai! We have been trying to perfect our recipe and I have to say, we nailed it! Acai bowls are a great way to eat a yummy, sweet treat while getting a lot of good, healthy nutrients at the same time.
We like to keep our ingredients simple and get crazy with the toppings. You can add whatever other toppings that you would like, but below are our favorites! Here's our favorite recipe for 2 people:
‣ 2 packets of sambozan acai packets*
‣ ½ C organic frozen blueberries
‣ 3-4 frozen strawberries
‣ ½ C of your choice of nut milk*
‣ 2 C of sliced frozen bananas*
‣ ¼ C granola of your choice
‣ ¼ C shredded coconut
‣ ½ sliced banana
‣ 2-3 sliced strawberries
‣ 1-2 T of Agave nectar drizzled on top
1. Put all ingredients into a high-power blender or food processor.
2. Add toppings
‣ You can generally purchase the packets of Sambozan Acai Packets at your local Costco, Sprout’s or Wal-Mart.
‣ When it comes to nut milk, I like unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk!
‣ We buy a couple bunches of bananas, wait for them to ripen, slice them into ½”-1” chunks and then freeze them so they are ready to go when we make our bowls.
‣ The key to the consistency of Acai bowls is trying to use as little liquid as possible or it will get too runny. We found that a ½ cup of liquid is plenty!