Thursday Baking with Sarah: Butter Cake!
HELLO, BEAUTIFUL BUTTER CAKE! *heart eyes*
1 cup butter flavored Crisco + extra for greasing
1 cup turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
1.5 cups granulated sugar
1.5 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 - 6 Ramekin dishes
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease ramekins with crisco then coat the bottom and sides of ramekin with turbinado sugar.
- In a large bowl, blend together 1 cup crisco & 1 cup sugar with a hand mixer. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each added egg. Set batter aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another separate bowl, add the vanilla bean paste into the milk and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add 1/4 of your flour mixture to your large batter bowl. Combine well, then add 1/3 of your milk and mix until well combined. Continue alternating between adding the milk and flour mixtures to your main large bowl, finishing with the last 1/4 of your flour mixture.
- Fill ramekins 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfter ramekins to a cooling rack. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- While still warm, carefully invert your butter cake onto a plate. Top with ice cream, whipped cream, and strawberries.
Recipe from More Mamma!