Thursday Baking with Sarah: Funfetti Cookies!
These cute cookies are easy and SO yummy! This recipe is a 10/10 crowd pleaser. Check out my step-by-step tutorial on Instagram under my 'Baking' highlight, then share your funfetti cookies with me on Instagram @Sarahlouco!
- 1.5 Cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Sprinkles! (I recommend jimmy sprinkles!)
Mix dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl, set aside.
Cream butter and sugar in mixer on medium/high for 3-4 minutes so that the butter is very fluffy!
Add vanilla and egg to your mixer, mix well.
Slowly add 1/2 of your dry ingredients into mixer until combined. Then add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
ADD THE SPRINKLES! Be careful not to overmix!
- Using a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll to form smooth balls.
- ** For a little extra sprinkle glam, dip the top of your dough balls in sprinkles before refrigerating! **
- Place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate dough balls for 1 hour! This is an important step!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once your dough has chilled, place dough balls on a cookie sheet about 2" apart, then lightly press each ball with a cup or spatula so that they are just barely flattened.
- Bake for 11 minutes, then remove the cookie sheet and let rest in the pan for 5 minutes before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.
Recipe from Preppy Kitchen.