Thursday Baking with Sarah: Lemon Loaf
This lemon loaf is so delicious, beautiful, and all things SUMMER! All you need is one bowl and a whisk for this quick, easy, and fool proof recipe. Check out my step-by-step tutorial on Instagram under my 'Baking' highlight, then share your lemon loaf with me on Instagram @Sarahlouco!
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 Tbsp lemon zest
1-2 Tbsp lemon extract, to taste
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
9x5 loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease & flour your 9x5 bread pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, start by whisking sugar, eggs, sour cream, and lemon extract until well combined.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil.
- Add lemon zest.
- Once combined, add flour, salt, and baking powder and whisk until just combined - Be careful not to overstir! There might be some clumps in the batter and that is just fine.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, then put an aluminum foil tent over the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes (50 minutes total). This will prevent the top from browning.
- Let cool on rack for at least 30 minutes before glazing.
- GLAZE: Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until you reach your desired consistency.
- With a spoon, carefully drizzle your loaf with glaze and ENJOY!
Recipe from Averie Cooks.